Consumer Vengeance

I started this blog to get other peoples views about being ripped off. Personally, I am tired of the multinationals and corporations showing disrespect to me the consumer and treating me as furniture or a statistic. I'm an object to be manipulated, queued or exploited. What I want are examples of your experiences and what you did to get your own back on the call centres and banks etc.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Revenges

My only poor effort is with junk mail. When I get it, I erase my address, write return to sender on the envelope and send it back. Someone pays for the return, whether it’s the royal mail or the sender. If it’s the royal mail, eventually they will get fed up and tell the sender to get their act together. If the sender has to pay for each letter that is returned, surely all it takes is enough letters before they review their mailing policies.
How can we turn the tables on the call centre? What about the guys who ring up in the vening and weekends trying tom sell things?

4 Comments:

  • At 17/8/06 9:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i signed up to the (free) Telephone Preference Service on http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ not only do I hardly get any marketing calls - when I do and ask them for their details as I'm on the TPS they hang up immediately :-)

     
  • At 17/8/06 9:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When a friend got a call from a double glazing salesman very early on a Sunday morning, he caved in and said he'd have a conservatory. He arranged a meeting with the Salesman and couldn't understand why the Salesman was so upset and complaining to the area manager about timewasters - maybe because he lived on the 11th floor of a block of flats?! :-)

     
  • At 18/8/06 6:56 pm, Blogger puppetshadow said…

    excellent about the conservatory on the 11th floor. i'd use that every day if i could.

     
  • At 8/11/06 7:54 pm, Blogger Dolly said…

    I found I used to get a lot a sale calls which was extremely frustrating after a day at work. The reply that was the most effective in getting rid of the unwanted caller was to say I was getting divorced and therefore unable to make any financial decisions. Have since changed phone number, am ex-directory and also on the telephone preference service. Peace at last. Did have someone knock on my doorbut she walked away when I argued about the government's lack of responsibility towards it's citizens..she was from AXA Insurance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home